Monday, February 4, 2008

Too funny...MM preaches peace


All in the family: Politics and perspective
By Michelle Malkin • February 4, 2008 08:05 AM

It gets heated around here. It’s bound to get even more heated. We’re in the middle of a contentious presidential campaign season. There are deep and fundamental fissures in the Republican Party. Some folks don’t deal with conflict well and completely tune out. Others allow politics to consume every fiber of their being. I’ll continue reporting, blogging, and voicing my opinions. It’s my job and I enjoy doing it.

But as we start the week and head toward the high-stakes Super Tuesday contest, remember: There is more to life than politics.

Repeat after me: There is more to life than politics.

Over the past several weeks, I’ve received profanity-laced e-mails from people who vow never to read this website again because of something I’ve written–or failed to write–about their candidates. Goodbye and good luck. I hope you gain some perspective and balance in your affairs. When I’m not working, I’m quilting with my daughter, taking my son to his violin lessons, playing Monopoly Jr. 10 times in a row, giggling over “Make Way for Dumb Bunnies,” enjoying friends and family, loving and living life. I’ve learned over the years to work to live, not to live to work. It took time to learn that lesson. And it required making some tough (and not so tough) personal and professional choices. Best decisions I’ve ever made.

What prompted me to share all this with you? Well, there’s a story today in the NYT about Democratic families squabbling over politics. It’s a reminder of how ridiculous things can get when you let politics define your life.

I love how she ends with Democrats squabbling. I'm pretty sure it's the Fascists who are fractured...see Annie Coultergeist. MM is out of the Annie (get-your-gun) Coulter and Rush Limbaugh (don't have a nickname yet...suggestions welcome) circle. Get with it, my pleathered friend. (Click on the image above for a larger image...soooo worth it.)