Saturday, February 9, 2008

Congressman Blackburn rightfully acknowledges the devastation in Tennessee


Rep. Blackburn Comments on Impact of Severe Weather in Tennessee

I am struck by the devastation, both physical and personal, inflicted on our region last night

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) made the following statement regarding the tornado destruction in Tennessee: "Our state has been hit by a series of serious and deadly storms. I am struck by the devastation, both physical and personal, inflicted on our region last night. My thoughts and prayers are with the families who were impacted overnight. I commend the first responders and local emergency services for their critical action before, during, and after the storm. We are in contact with local, state, and FEMA officials on the impact and will continue to work to ensure that vital resources are available as they are necessary. I will remain in Tennessee today to assess the damage personally and offer any assistance I can to assure critical resources are available."