Monday, September 15, 2008

Blackburn needs more $$$?

How many hundreds of thousands of dollars do you need, Marsha? Haven't you gotten enough from the "good ol' boy" network?



Dear friends,

The fall campaign has begun and it will be an exciting race for our Republican candidates at all levels. The addition of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as the Vice Presidential nominee has provided incredible momentum to the Presidential ticket. She helps provide a clear contrast with the ultra liberal Obama-Biden ticket.

After an aggressive primary, I will face a Democrat opponent this fall. Being a consistent conservative voice is a sure way to draw attacks from the Democrat attack machine. They will spend several hundred million dollars to make sure that the Democrats have control of the White House, the Senate and House. If I'm going to continue fighting for conservative values in Washington, I must be prepared to answer these attacks in a timely manner. As you know, this costs money.

During the next 45 days, I will continue to work day and night for the McCain-Palin ticket, work to be certain that Senator Alexander returns to the U.S. Senate, that we take the State House and that we hold a majority in the State Senate.

I need your help! I was forced to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the recent Primary. It was money that I was planning on spending this fall against my Democrat opponent.

---
AKA...I need the money so I can filter it to other (floundering) Republican campaigns across the country (see Rep. Marilyn Musgrave).

And on a McCain-Palin-Bush-whatever note...