Monday, September 29, 2008

Accountability...Who? When?


The Wall Street Bail-out and Tennessee's House delegation...

Aye
Steve Cohen (D-09)
Jim Cooper (D-05)
Bart Gordon (D-06)

Nay
Marsha Blackburn (R-07)
David Davis (R-01)
Lincoln Davis (D-04)
Jimmy Duncan (R-02)
Zach Wamp (R-03)

I guess time will tell... Here's a glimpse at Marsha's explanation (it isn't partisan at all):

Blackburn Votes Against Bailout Provision
Congratulates Conservative Colleagues for Averting Disastrous Proposal

“I fully understand the magnitude of the problem facing us and why Congress must act decisively to prevent further erosion of our economy. While the media focus has been on Wall Street, my focus has been on Main Street."

“I commend my House Republican colleagues and Senator McCain on the work they have done over the past week to craft a common sense solution from the proposal that Secretary Paulson originally brought to the Hill. They carried the conservative banner in negotiations and saved the country from what I saw as a disastrous legislative product."

“I voted against the legislation today with a heavy heart, in full consideration of the advances my conservative colleagues won during the negotiation process. Still, the flaws of the proposal challenge my free market values. Voters in Tennessee trust me to hold fast to those values and I will not abandon them now."