Monday, August 18, 2008

TN-04 Right-wing candidate


Apparently Rep. Lincoln Davis (D-TN) isn't moderate enough.

Monty on Target:

As we travel the district and talk with voters, I am frequently asked why I decided to run for Congress. My answer is that this nation has lost sight of its moral compass. We need to re-instill the right values in Congress. It’s not just about change. It’s about direction. We need leaders that are not afraid to stick their heels in the dirt and stand up for what is right, not leaders who make decisions according to the prevailing political winds.

I am not ashamed to say that I have used the Bible for a moral compass most of my life. It is my number one guide. I will never veer from that model when contemplating decisions that affect you. You might ask, “Monty, why so much emphasis on your religious beliefs?” My friends, it’s about direction.

From The Mike Slater Show...

Marsha Blackburn et al. “supports” Monty Lankford (?)

I’m running because Marsha Blackburn has asked me to soften the district’

Our source attributes the above quote to Monty Lankford, who is running for Congress in the 4th district.

Is Marsha Blackburn planning to run for governor?

FYI...Marsha will be spending the next couple of days in ANWR doing "research" with other Repubs. I wonder what their findings will be!!!