Friday, March 18, 2011

Perfect Scene

The Nashville Scene keeps getting better and better!...

Marsha Blackburn May Have Something: Let Taxpayers Fund Only Things They Agree With!
Posted by Betsy Phillips on Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Thursday morning I was listening to WPLN and there was Marsha Blackburn talking about how Congress had to defund NPR because it's not right for taxpayers to have to pay for something they disagree with (I couldn't find Blackburn's exact comment online).

Aside from being antithetical to living in a society, I think this is a great idea. I'd like to be able to direct my taxes towards only things I support. I'd like to say to the IRS, "Give all of my money that would have gone to paying Marsha Blackburn's salary to an investigation of I-35 instead."

See, I-35 annoys me. Odd numbered interstates are supposed to be north-south routes, while even number interstates are east-west. But I-35 runs almost exactly parallel to I-44 for most of its length in Kansas, with nary an acknowledgment that it's impersonating an east/west interstate through a whole state! It's not right.

At the least, I'd rather my tax money went to paying for anything else at all, no matter how stupid, other than to paying Marsha Blackburn's salary. And by her own standards, I should have the right to refuse to give her my tax dollars, since I don't care for most of what she has to say.

I'll be expecting my tiny refund check from you, Congressman Blackburn, whenever you have a chance to send it.