Friday, June 26, 2009

Marsha exhibits her knowledge of climate change

Friends,

The massive new energy tax that Democrats like to call Cap and Trade will be voted on today. As of late last night, news reports indicated that Speaker Pelosi and Henry Waxman may not have all the votes that they need.

I am staunchly opposed to this bill. It is based on dubious EPA assumptions as their own internal documents point out, it could cause Tennesseans' power bills to rise by as much as 42%, and siphons thousands of dollars out of the family budget to fund $642 billion in new energy taxes.

I will be discussing Cap and Trade today at 12:00 CST on CNBC with Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland. As I have argued before,I’ll remind him that this bill will destroy jobs, drive up the cost of energy, and won’t help the environment. I am all for clean water, clean air, and clean energy. I fully support an "all of the above" approach to energy independence. I am just not willing to tax the American people out of house and home to pay for it.

The Wall Street Journal has a column about Europe’s experience with Cap and Trade schemes that is worth your attention today, as is this list of reasons why this is such a bad idea.

I will update you again today as the fight continues.

My Best,

Marsha

---
As Congressman Blackburn has stated 1,000,000 times before, she is anti-tax, anti-spending, anti-government. Therefore, NOTHING is worth any federal action, unless it's war.

I ask again, what would you do to combat CLIMATE CHANGE, Congressman? We're not talking about the flowers in your garden which you deem an example of your environmental stewardship, but CLIMATE CHANGE.