Sunday, November 4, 2007

Michelle, can you hear me?


*UPDATE*....glad to see the comments coming in. However, in response to one comment, I should point out that the Subers are my Dad's side of the family, the Eichmans are my Mom's side. I am therefore not equating our troops with Nazis. My grandfather, Richard Eichman, served in the U.S. Navy for the better part of four decades. So have fun donating on my behalf :)

--------------------------------------

In response to Michelle Malkin's challenge to liberal bloggers, I joined the Air Force team and made a donation on behalf of the Subers and Eichmans who've served in our armed forces.
From Michelle...

The yearly fund-raising drive for Project Valour-IT, which donates voice-activated laptops to disabled soldiers, kicked off earlier this week. I joined the Marine team, which is currently in second place–close behind the Army team. Reach into your pockets if you can and chip in often. The friendly blog competition to support Project Valour-IT runs through November 11. Soldiers’ Angels, which organizes and runs the drive, is one of my favorite military charities. You may recall that on the second day of competition, I made a pledge:

In addition to my donation yesterday, I will chip in another $25 for each left-wing blogger, up to 10 total, who signs up today. Send me an e-mail and let me know which team you’ve joined.

You may be interested to learn that I haven’t received a single e-mail. Soldiers’ Angels webmaster Holly Aho says she has been on the lookout for any left-wing Project Valour-IT members and would give me a heads-up if any signed up. So far, to our knowledge, none have.


We'll see if this liberal, Southern blogger gets recognized :) In the meantime...